Film Review: Breaking Dawn Part One

One thought that was at the forefront when I was watching this film:
Bill Condon, you are a genius.

After reading the books and watching the last three films, you think you know what to expect.
This one broke the rules and blew my mind away.

For starters, one thing I've been used to, is that the lines you most love from the books, usually are changed or removed. With this one, it seemed like they were all in there.
And each time, one was said out loud, I got a little shiver down my spine, it was truly wonderful.

Also, things were added in or changed in this film, it wasn't a complete carbon copy of the first half of the book, but it added to the overall experience, it didn't detract one bit.

All the actors in this film are talented people, the majority of which have been with us from the very beginning of the series, who make you care about the characters they are portraying.

Lastly, Carter Burwell, a brilliant composer, who wrote the score for the first film returns to take this film to a whole other level with the same score, which reminds us all about the love story which is at the heart and what started it all off.

Despite it being a year off, I'm very excited for Part Two, and if it is like anything like Part One, it will be a great film and a wonderful end to the series.

Comments

  1. These quotes are from films that on the first and other viewings, have given me such a natural high, for being so thrilling and....You get the point.

    "Iago: [as Jafar] No, really. On a scale of one to ten, you are an eleven."

    "The Grinch: The nerve of those Whos. Inviting me down there - on such short notice! Even if I wanted to go my schedule wouldn't allow it. 4:00, wallow in self pity; 4:30, stare into the abyss; 5:00, solve world hunger - tell no one; 5:30, jazzercize; 6:30, dinner with me - I can't cancel that again; 7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing... I'm booked. Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9, I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness. But what would I wear?!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review: Theater Camp

Film Review: Moneyball

TV series reviews: The Bear & The Newsreader