Film Review: Mockingjay Part 2

As far as high quality, true to the book/source material film adaptations go, this one takes the stand as the best I've seen for a while now.

Rereading sections of the book, I'm struck to see just how much is taken word for word, or moment for moment, from the page and transferred to the screen.

It seems like for almost 90 odd percent, the screenwriters, Peter Craig, Danny Strong and Suzanne Collins (she's listed too), did a lot of cut, copy and paste.

Not that I'm complaining, all of Ms Collin's books continue to draw us into the world she has created, complete with three dimensional characters that have been faithfully portrayed in the films by a truly brilliant cast.

The director Francis Lawrence has given us some stunning direction of a collection of scenes that as varied as they are, don't lose their focus.

James Newton Howard, almost the only one (aside from the principal cast) to stick around for all four films - has crafted a beautiful score to tie it all together.

Worth the watch, on the big screen? Most definitely.


Comments

  1. This quote comes from another film based on a book, with just as much heart as Mockingjay.

    “Maggie Feller: I carry your heart with me. I carry it in my heart. I am never without it. Anywhere I go, you go, my dear. And whatever is done by only me... is your doing, my darling. I fear no fate... for you are my fate, my sweet. I want no world, for; beautiful... you are my world, my true. Here is the deepest secret no one knows. Here is the root of the root... and the bud of the bud... and the sky of the sky of a tree called life... which grows higher than the soul can hope... or mind can hide. It is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart. I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.”

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review: Moneyball

Film Review: Theater Camp

TV series reviews: The Bear & The Newsreader